I Like Your Lines

I'm headed off on my summer holiday tomorrow - nowhere too glamorous, we're just packing up the car and going camping in West Wales - so it's been a very hectic weekend of preparation. I haven't even packed my case yet and we're leaving in the morning!

While I was checking off my 'to-do before holiday' list, I came across a note that said '@Lacquerologist's Nail Art Competition' and I thought I must have missed the deadline by now but it turns out the deadline is tonight so I squeezed in a bit of time to create my entry last night!
The criteria for the competition is that the manicure must be based on one of the days from the Abstract Nail Art Challenge. I chose to do Lines and came up with this staggered multi colour idea. I kinda wish I'd stuck to one colour palette but I'm still very pleased with this satisfactorily abstract outcome!



I won't list the colours because there are at least 15 in the mix and I honestly can't remember what they all are! The bottle in my hand is Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and I'm confident that's the lightest colour on my middle finger.
To get this effect, I painted on the base colour and then used a striping brush to paint on random lines straight from my cuticle to the tip. I then painted some half lines in the gaps and added a bit of glitter on top of a few of them. It's all finished with a few coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.



TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBarry M / blue / freehand / glitter / green / pink / purple with the title I Like Your Lines. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-like-your-lines.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, August 5, 2012

Comments "I Like Your Lines"

Post a Comment