Gelicious Sleep til Noon or 7 things to do with black nails

Today I have the my last Gelicious shade to show you. This one is called Sleep til Noon and it is a simple black creme. 

I applied two thin coats of Sleep til Noon, curing each under the gelicious lamp for one minute.  I then applied the ultra glaze top coat and cured for two minutes.  I did notice that when I wiped my nail with acetone after finishing the mani to remove the sticky residue, a small amount of black wiped off my nails from the very edges.  I'm not sure if this is because my nails have a very strong C curve and therefore the sides didn't cure quite as well.  Despite seeing a bit of black on the swab, I didn't notice any difference on my nails, and they still looked perfect.

So there you have it, a perfect black creme soak off gel polish - there isn't much more to say about it.  When I eventually removed this it came off easily with a 10 minute foil method soak.

Now if I just showed you regular black creme in this blogpost, it would be rather boring, right?  I mean we all have black creme polishes and we really just consider them essentials in our collections.  So what I have for you today is a collection of seven different mani's that all have a black base.  With all of these, I just removed the top layer of polish with non acetone remover leaving the black gel base each time.

Glitter gradient created with colour changing glitters.  I used Enchanted polishes, but you could also use the Ozotic Elytras or the HIT Phenomenia polishes.




Mattfied flakies gradient.  I used Cult Nails Clairvoyant and Essie Matte about you.



Floam - I've had this for months and only just got around to wearing it - cool.




Holographic stamping - I stamped with Layla Retro Pink.



Abstract colour morphing with rhinestones.  I used gold to green on the outside edges, and green to blue in the center, finished with gold and blue rhinestones.




Sugar gradient -I tried creating a gradient with Ozotic Sugar 901, 902 and 903, but I ended up with an awful lot of sugar on my nails.  The end result was very reflective and certainly duochrome, but I wish I hadn't put so much on with the sponge.



Multichrome watermarble -This is the second time I have tried a multichrome watermarble and I was very proud of me work this time.  I used a bunch of Ludurana mulitchromes polishes this time instead of Ozotics, and the Ludurana's work better because they are more opaque than the Ozotics.




So there you go, a whole weeks worth of different manis all using the same base! Which is your favourite?
You have read this articleGelicious with the title Gelicious Sleep til Noon or 7 things to do with black nails. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/01/gelicious-sleep-til-noon-or-7-things-to.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, January 19, 2013

Comments "Gelicious Sleep til Noon or 7 things to do with black nails"

Post a Comment