Beauty and the Beach Part 2!

Last year I entered Travel Supermarket's Beauty and the Beach competition and this year I'll be joining the judging panel as the judge of the nail art category. Pretty cool huh?! I'm so excited to see all the nail art entries and I'm sure I'll be finding plenty of inspiration for the coming summer months.

Beauty and the Beach is a competition for bloggers and to enter all you have to do is show off your best holiday hair, nail and make-up looks. Nothing we bloggers don't do every single day! You can enter all 3 categories or just one or two. There will be a winner selected in each category who will receive a £500 cash prize and there's one overall prize which will go to a blogger who entered all three and that prize is £1500... cold hard cash! The competition opens today so I'm going to show you my own holiday looks, run through the rules and tell you how you can enter.

The Nails
Evenings are my favourite part of any tropical holiday and I love nothing more than sunset on the beach. I wanted to try and recreate the colours of a sunset over the sand so of course it had to be a gradient!
The base colour is NYC Lexington Yellow and I created the gradients using Rimmel Urban Princess and Barry M Papaya following this tutorial. The glitter accent on my ring finger is Lac Attack's Felix Felicis and I topped the whole thing off with a coat of Seche Vite.





The Make-Up
When I think of holiday make-up my mind wanders straight to bronze and gold so of course that's where I started. I added the green highlight in the hopes of bringing out the green flecks in my eyes that sometimes make an appearance when the sun's out.
To create this look I used FrontCover's Moondust Collection, Barry M Gel eyeliner, a slick of Avon SuperExtend mascara and a sprinkling of individual lashes just at the outer corner for a flirty flutter. I normally wear strip lashes but when I'm on holiday I like to keep my make-up as light as possible - strip lashes do not feel light!



If you want to enter the competition yourself (why wouldn't you?!) here's how:
1. Upload images of your best holiday hair, nails and make-up with an explanation of how you achieved the look. You can enter all three categories, or just one or two.
2. Make sure you mention the competition page within your post:
http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/beauty-and-the-beach-two/
3. Nominate 5 fellow bloggers that you think will be up to the challenge and let them know via Facebook or Twitter (#beautyandthebeach2).
4. The closing day for entries is 5th June 2013 and you can let us know you have entered by one of the following:
• Email beautyandthebeach@travelsupermarket.com with a link to your post.
• Tweet @travelsupermkt with the hashtag #beautyandthebeach2 with a link to your post.
• Or, tag the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page in a post linking to your blog post that you are entering.
5. For each category, the judges will select a winner from their respective category of hair, nails and make-up, each winner will win £500.
6. For the overall winner, the three judges will collectively decide on who has achieved the best holiday look. The winner will win £1,500 in cash.

I think that about covers everything but full terms and conditions and more details can be found at the Travel Supermarket site here.

Good luck everyone!
You have read this articleBarry M / gold / gradient / Make-Up / NYC / orange / yellow with the title Beauty and the Beach Part 2!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/04/beauty-and-beach-part-2.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Comments "Beauty and the Beach Part 2!"

Post a Comment