Glam Polish - Nickle Nackle and Indigo

I have been wearing some pretty serious cranky pants today, and that pun (if you noticed it) was totally intended!  Firstly, I work for the federal government, so last nights leadership spill and resulting Prime Minister and Ministerial changes meant work was pretty much chaos today.

But what really made me fasten my cranky pants tightly around my waist was being cart jacked at least seven times trying to score a bottle of Pretty Serious Naughty Night Shift Nurse this morning at 9.00am.  Amidst the craziness at work, I was able to sneakily jump onto the site before 9.00am and sit refreshing over and over as the clock ticked to 9.00am..  As soon as it appeared I grabbed a bottle into my cart and proceeded through paypal checkout immediately. It was only after clicking all the paypal oks, that it would tell me that the item was no longer in my cart.  At least seven times I added it to my cart, went through paypal and was cart jacked every time, untill about 9.06 when the site told me that it was sold out.  

I'm so disappointed. It's now the only gap in my entire Pretty Serious collection (thanks to the generosity of Alanna who decanted me some Golden Ticket). I certainly learned my lesson and will check out through the site checkout next time, rather than through Paypal so I'm not cart jacked again. I was a ninja, but technology failed us!  I guess the most frustrating part for me is that we were told we wouldn't be cart jacked, and we were. Plus, and maybe this is just because I work in IT, I really hate it when a user is disadvantaged because of poor technology. Its the first time I've been cart jacked, so maybe I'm just taking it hard, especially cause I know it's something lots of girls experience all the time with restocks.  

Before I get flamed for being a whinging cow and told 'it's only polish', let me make it clear that I'm so excited for and extremely proud of Kaz and Ben at Pretty Serious. Its amazing that 100 bottles of one of their polishes sold out so quickly (like Kaz pointed out - last year 300 bottles of Emma Louise took 3 months to sell)  But it's like when people discover your favourite beach, you wish it would go back to when only you knew how awesome it was!

Anyway, moving on.  Today I have some awesome polishes to show you from another fabulous Aussie Indie brand - Glam Polish.

Nickle Nackle - This is is from the Bedtime Stories collection and has neon hot pink hexes, turquoise hexes, purple hexes & micro glitter and rich bright blue holo dots.  The base is a bright light turquoise blue crelly base that held the glitters beautifully.  Application was a breeze and the large glitters were easy to get out of the bottle. This is three thin coats with Seche Vite.




Indigo - Oh how I've lemmed for this one for a while! Fuchsia & turquoise dots and micro glitter in a indigo base with pink shimmer.  For some reason I don't see any of the fuchsia dots on my nails, only in the bottle, I must have just been unlucky on these four fingers.    I love the tone of this purple base, even though it has a pink shimmer, it doesn't lean to a red based purple.  I much prefer blue based purples and this is just perfect to me.  This was three coats with Seche Vite top coat.




Glam Polish is available in Australia through the Big Cartel store and updates through their Facebook page.  International orders can be placed through Mei Mei Signatures in Singapore. 
You have read this articleGlam Polish with the title Glam Polish - Nickle Nackle and Indigo. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/06/glam-polish-nickle-nackle-and-indigo.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, June 27, 2013

Comments "Glam Polish - Nickle Nackle and Indigo"

Post a Comment