Barry M Textured Nail Effects Swatches

There's no denying that when it comes to nail trends, last year was the year of the crackle polish. This year's new kid on the block is Textured Polishes. The only word I'd use to describe these is 'gritty'. They're just like regular creme polishes filled with tiny particles that are almost like grains of sugar, to give a bumpy feel and matte look to the finished manicure.
Barry M's are the first to hit the British high street with 4 summer shades. They apply like a dream and are really fast drying. Removal isn't an issue at all. I was slightly concerned they'd be a similar kind of nightmare as glitter to remove but they swipe off very easily with nail polish remover which was a huge relief!


First up is Atlantic Road, a powdery pastel blue which is very close in colour to their creme, Blueberry Ice Cream.




This is my favourite of the four, a very creamy pastel pink called Kingsland Road which makes me think of candyfloss! I had to use three coats for a completely even application.




Station Road is the one I'm least impressed with. It's very hard to get yellow polish right and most brands don't even try, so I do admire Barry M for giving it a shot. It's very bright and just not a colour that I can get away with wearing on my skin tone. Regardless of that, it applied perfectly in just two coats and I do wish I could get away with it! 





This is Ridley Road a mint which leans towards the bright side. I can see myself wearing this a lot in the summer.




These polishes will be available in Superdrug on February 13th and Boots on February 20th. 
They'll also be for sale at BarryM.com from February 13th.

What do you think of the textured nail effect trend? Is it one you'll be adopting, or will you be sticking with a glossy, smooth finish on your fingertips?

TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr
You have read this articleBarry M / Swatches / Textured with the title Barry M Textured Nail Effects Swatches. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/01/barry-m-textured-nail-effects-swatches_31.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Thursday, January 31, 2013

Comments "Barry M Textured Nail Effects Swatches"

Post a Comment