Framed Asian characters

I have a little bit of nail art for you today.  This is a relatively easy design to create and I owe my inspiration to Aisha, who created a similar design last year when she entered my Nail Art Challenge.

To create this look I started by painting my nails with Essie Good as Gold.  I then taped off the tips of my fingers like I was doing a french tip.  I then applied my red polish (I used Pretty Serious Santa's Sunburn) and just painted it about 2mm away from the cuticle edge. It's just like painting a mini nail within your own nail.  Then, take off the tape at the bottom and you have framed nails.  I think it's much easier to paint it this way around rather than doing a red base and trying to neatly paint the gold edge. 

To finish the design I stamped some Asian characters/words (or whatever they are - I hope I'm not wearing at someone).  I prefer the stamped designs that Aisha did in her original work. I think I chose characters that are too small, plus I still suck a lining up stamps on my nails, I need more practice.




You have read this articleNail Art with the title Framed Asian characters. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/02/framed-asian-characters.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Saturday, February 2, 2013

Comments "Framed Asian characters"

Post a Comment