Welcome to The Circus from Nailz Craze

A couple of months back, I came across Nailz Craze on Etsy when I was searching for some new stamping plates to add to my collection. A few weeks later, I came across a blog by the same name and got to wondering if there was a connection between the two. There was!! I found out that Natalie, the creator of the Nailz Craze plates, is also an insanely talented nail artist and blogger!
I recently ordered a few of Natalie's nail plates for myself and I can't wait to try them out. When I asked her to guest post for me I was really hoping she'd create something with her own plates and I wasn't disappointed!

Where to find Nailz Craze
BlogFacebook - Instagram - Etsy Store
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there, dear Nailasaurus fans!
I have to start this post by telling you how excited and honored I am to be here and share with you my design. Samantha’s blog was one of the first I’ve followed and was inspired by, so it’s really a great honor to be featured at her awesome blog. Thank you Samantha!
Today I have a festive and special design to share with you, It’s the first design I’ve made with one of the new Nailz Craze plates I’ve created and released at my store this month. To those of you who are not familiar with Nailz Craze yet, it’s a small indie stamping plate brand I own, where you can find themed plates with my original illustrations and designs.


This manicure was created with the Nailz Craze NC05 Circus plate, and even though you might think it’s a difficult design to create at first look, you will be surprised it’s actually quite easy. Here’s how I created this design:
I started with two coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps, my all-time favorite red glitter. It’s a fantastic polish with a great formula, I really love it and if you don’t have it in your collection yet, you totally should get it!

The first design I applied over the red base was the radial stripes, I used Konad’s White stamping polish for it. After applying this design to my nails, I waited a bit and for it to dry.
On top of the radial stripes I decided to apply different circus elements such as a circus manager, a seal, an elephant, an acrobat and a star. For the elephant, seal and the acrobat I just stamped the designs with Konad’s Black polish straight on the nail. With the circus manager and the star I decided to fill the stamped design (face and inner star) with a different color to make them stand out better on top of the striped background.  You can see how it's done at this stamping decal tutorial at my blog, but basically you transfer the image to the stamper as usual, and then before applying it to the nail, you fill the parts you like with another polish and let it dry, then apply it to a tacky nail polish on your nail. And that’s about it.



I waited for the stamped designs to dry on my nails for a while, and then applied a generous coat of Poshe Top Coat, pulling it lightly on the nail to prevent smearing (which can be a quite stressful part, since smearing the designs after working so hard on it can be a nightmare).
The finished result is before you, I think it turned out quite festive and sparkly, and I was pretty pleased with the result. I was very happy to make it for you and I hope you will like this design as well. 
Thank you for reading and have a lovely weekend!
Xoxo
Natalie


You have read this articlechina glaze / guest post / Nail Art / Nailz Craze / NC05 / Stamping with the title Welcome to The Circus from Nailz Craze. You can bookmark this page URL http://nailsartideas.blogspot.com/2013/07/welcome-to-circus-from-nailz-craze.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Friday, July 26, 2013

Comments "Welcome to The Circus from Nailz Craze"

Post a Comment